ScottDate: 26 Sept 2022
After leaving NW AR, it was time for the adventure out west where I will be meeting up with my longtime backpacking/hiking buddies on three separate occasions. First off was spending time with Mikey at his place in KC, which served as the launching ground for the next 3 weeks on the road.
It was great to catch up with both Mikey and SiFou for a wonderful evening and morning. My next stop was in Manitou Springs, CO. It was a long 9 hour drive as driving thru western KS and eastern CO has some of the most riviting scenery ever!!! Especially when you like wide open fields. Being in Manitou Springs, I decided to climb a fourteener mountain. This time I had my Edge to drive me to the top though...
Thus I enjoyed a left over snack that I bought for mom while she was in the hospital...nice view for some cheese n crackers.
The next day it was time to loosen up the shoulder, so golf was back in the picture! I played a fun round and even shot a 90! (Johnny style). It was nice to be able to swing a club and hit a ball after being in such pain on the last two days of the guy golf trip. Hopefully I'll find another course to play before I head home. I think a course in Manhattan, KS is calling (thanks to Mikey's recommendation).
No comments:
Post a Comment