ScottDate: 23 Sept 2022
We had our annual guy golf trip in NW Arkansas (Bella Vista). Beautiful area and we've been lucky enough to rent a house on one of the lakes, which even had kayaks and stand up paddle boards for us to use. Nice view from the dock...
During this time, I also wanted to finish part of the Razorback Greenway Bike Trail as Steph and I did the section from Bentonville to Fayetteville in Nov 2020. My plan was to ride from its start/end in Belle Vista to Bentonville.
Ironically, when I got to downtown Bentonville, it was definitely NOT the starting place where Steph and I started. It turns out, we started about 5 miles South of Bentonville. Well, I had already played golf, road 9 miles on a recovering knee (had surgery on it in July), so I decided to call it good and ride back to the start. Unfortunately, I was struck with disaster. While avoiding some pedestrians on the path, I hit a 3in dirt curb and landed quite hard on my right shoulder and a nice grass burn on my right arm. Well, that kinda hurt the next few days of golfing...ice and heat were my next best friends. Luckily no damage to the joint, just a deep bruise, bye bye good night sleeps for a bit...
Of course, one of the most important things on the Guy Golf Trip is the food. Johnny C is a gourmet chef on the grill, so we eat like kings! Until next year, the good golfing will have to wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment