Saturday, October 27, 2007

Glacier NP Part 2


The road crossing Glacier was severely damaged last winter, so they have closed it in the late off season (now).Thus, I was not able to drive across the park. Instead, I skirted the south side to East Glacier to spend the night, only to find out everything was closed down for the winter. I ended up driving to Browning, MT to spend the night (which turned out to be a rough Blackfeet Indian town). So after next to no sleep due to partying Indians, I headed back to the East side of Glacier NP to take the lovely snapshot you see here. Totally worth it.

My next stop is...yeah...just don't know. I headed east out of Browning toward the endless high plains of wheat (actually about 800 miles). After 40 miles, I had had enough. Got on the phone with my Aunt in Billings, MT and headed south. Spent the evening with my Aunt, Uncle, 2 cousins, and 5 2nd cousins, namely, A. Louise, U. Terry, C. Joe, C. Kathy, CnL. Jen, C2. Geovina, C2. Sebastian, C2. Sierra, C2. Jacob, and of course C2. Ashely (who showed me her birthday list for JULY! That's planning!)
Today I head out for Devils Tower in WY and then to man's largest sculptures, Mt. Rushmore and Crazyhorse mountain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you get some good pictures, and don't go crazy at Devils mountain... I hear they go crazy out there, Namely Richard Dreyfuss.
Erin & Paul