
Today was a long day on the road. Past by the memorial for the Battle at Little Bighorn (Custer's last stand). This is a very interesting edition of our National Park system. I was here 24 years ago on one of those ever-so-loved family trips. I was glad to see a memorial for the Native American Indians who fought in that battle. Apparently this battle really made a point to the US Gov. on how poorly they were treating the Indians (who said this trip wasn't going to be educational).
Driving in central to eastern MT is one of those things that if you never had to do in your life, it'd be a more fulfilling life, let me assure you. Easily comparable to NE, great....
Next stop was Devil's Tower NP. Three National Parks in 2 days, damn, had to buy the annual pass. $80. This was really neat (see pic). Apparently the tower was formed 50,000,000 years ago by "boiling hot mag...ma." It reminded me quite a lot of Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland (but on a much grander scale). May have to take up climbing again so I can see the view from the top. Lots of pictures Erin & Paul. Only had to perform 2 exercisms on this visit, which was good, I needed some soup.
No comments:
Post a Comment