Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Work and Wrecks


It has been a while since my last post and once again, I am truly flattered that people are still following my new adventures in my home town. Thus, the title of this post is what it is.


Work: I have just started my third week at work. Things are still going well. It does have some perks, I will be in Germany next week for a exhibition/conference, not bad for three weeks on the job. I have not done a bit of research, except trying to navigate the basic waters of understanding the projects I am involved, purchasing equipment for said projects, navigating the wonderful world of paperwork, and learning how to use my BlackBerry (which was kinda enough to erase itself today since I could not remember the password). The people I am working with are really a lot of fun which makes me lighten up since they are very used to the corporate tap dance. Hence my problem, I only know how to swing dance.


Wrecks: For those of you that know me, will be very shocked to hear that I accidentally tore up the passenger side of my explorer. Repair estimates were quoted at $2200. Well, as much as I love my explorer, which is only worth about $4500 (before the damage) I will have to repair it myself. So a trip to a salvage yard to get a new door (a white one at that) cost me $250! A bit 'O bondo and paint should cost only about $50 more. I love the smell of bondo in the morning!

No comments: