
Well, I am sure that most of you have stopped checking my blog for updates, but for the select few that are enduring the long drought, here you go. My house hunting has been going OK to poor. It has proved challenging to find a place in an area of town that is close (walking distance, which means less than 0.5 miles in STL) to a coffee shop, bar, Washington University, or Forrest Park (St. Louis's Central Park, which is huge, 5-10X Greenlake) in my price range that has a 2-car garage with driveway. Surprised? I am....but I will keep looking. Something will come up somewhere. I found one house, but I don't think I could live in it without changing the front facade. Looking at the pic, I am sure you can see why I have ruled this one out.
I had my first day of work on Friday, if you can call it that. HR stuff and then a whirlwind tour of everything. I met all of the cubicals of people I will be working with since everyone seemed to be absent, interesting... The job still sounds cool and I really like my manager, which can make/break a position, we all know that. So I am still excited about the job, which should still shock everyone too!
I've gotten to hang out with the parents a bit, work on their cars (of course) and already joined a soccer team. Play here is a bit different, we play on something called grass. I seem to remember that stuff, but it is kinda difficult to remember. I think we can slide tackle too...Well gotta go play. Hope I don't get hurt since my health insurance doesn't kick in until Dec. 1! Cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment