ScottDate: April 2013
As previously mentioned, much of the work I have been doing is related to the footboxes, and like every other item, the accellerator pedal needed some work. I contemplated buying a ready made pedal from one of the FFR vendors, but it was like $80 (for only a few pieces of Al bracket and brass bushing). Shoot, I can make that for less and it'll work just the same.
I have decided to not post my fabricated pedal, but I can tell you it looked Fabulous! Really. I had set screws, locking washers, welded pieces together, bent metal and even fancied it up with a return spring. After all this work, I decided to use the '91 mustang donor pedal that Dad had modified previously.
The issue was I needed to unmodify the modified pedal (much like Yoda's - unlearning what we have learned). Off to work I went. The first thing I did was purchase a plastic (injection molded) replacement pedal instead of using the steel one. This worked out very nicely and all I had to do was drill some new holes, cut some of the back mounting material away, and mount it upsidedown. All in all it looks pretty stock (as stock looking as a car built my me).
One thing I don't think you can see on it, is the pedal stop. If you look just below the hinge you can see the stop bolt. I don't think everyone realizes how much time and effort has been spent on some details. I needed to build in an "adjustable" pedal stop such that when you push the pedal to the floor, it opens the throttle body completely, AND does not pull the cable completely out of the linkage. We all know that when you put the pedal to the floor, it is always very gentle...yeah right.
Now all the pedals are installed and have their respective linkage attached. Now I have to figure out some of this wiring thing...but wait, its more on the engine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment