ScottDate: March 2013
After having to modify the foot boxes so someone taller than someone in the lollipop gang can fit in cobra, I needed to reroute the fuel lines that I had so painstakingly bent so that they were all one piece (please see previous post: Fuel and Emissions). Now they will have a splice in them, but no worries, I know how to work compression fittings like a true compression'er. I cut the lines just underneath the foot box so I only had to put in one additional connection point. One of the downfalls of footbox expansion is the fuel lines are now much closer to the exhaust manifolds and catalytic converter. I was worried about vapor lock (fuel lines get so hot that the gasoline in the line vaporizes = bad), to mitigate this possible situation, I fab'd up some handy dandy heat shields and mounted them to the fuel lines. Let's hope they work to keep the lines cool rather than help heat them up more!
This installed setup can be seen in later images of the engine compartment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment