Today is the day that I have been preparing to tackle for the past 2 months. Of all things to do, I have approached today with great anxiety and force of will, but when you get right down to it, I've been just down right scared. Yes, I need to establish residency in Missouri, which includes having my Explorer inspected and changing my drivers license. The state of Missouri only has 7 simple documents that you need to present in order to pay money to allow your vehicle to wear the stately badge of "Show Me State" on its front and rear (licence plates for those of you that are not following). First and foremost is obtaining a state safety & emission inspection of the vehicle. Which until recently, you had to go to two separate places to obtain. Well, now you can go to one place! Yippie. Next, I head to city hall to prove that I don't owe any personal property tax on my vehicle in the state of MO, which is funny, considering I can easily prove that it has been registered in Washington state for the past 7 years. Then I need to prove, that I am who I say I am with a passport, social security card, out of state drivers license, and I believe a segment of my umbilical chord from birth. Finally, show proof of insurance, have a speedometer inspection, and something else. With all that said....
I am having the safety inspection and it turns out that all four ball joints on my Explorer are completely shot. To the point where it was very likely that I would have lost my front spindle while driving. Actually the mechanic is surprised that I am still alive after driving across the country! Just by jacking up the vehicle, we could almost separate them on our own...not good. Considering it takes months for the joints to deteriorate that much, I am puzzled as how Sears was able to do a front end alignment without noticing almost an inch of play in something that is suppose to be tight as a drum. So there goes $1K which was going to buy a couch. So anyone planning on visiting, be sure to bring your camping gear!
I have had a lot of requests for pictures of the house, so I will be sure to get those up on the next posting. Take care and later....Dude.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You'll have a couch by june though right? :)
Post a Comment